alan monro

Usa Is Magnetic

13 posts in this topic

Yes USA is magnetic , it is drawing us over there again about May , June for another holiday . WE will be staying for about 3 Months.

That means more heavy suitcases on the return trip . I will be looking for 3 Klipsch reference center channel speakers for my outside home theater. amongst various other goodies .Fun.Fun.Fun.............................Alan

We sell Klipsch Reference where i currently work. Stop by and I will hook you up! But you may have to come to a beautiful part of Minnesota for that!!!!

SOunds like you may need a pod to send home with all the goodies you want to buy. :)

We sell Klipsch Reference where i currently work. Stop by and I will hook you up! But you may have to come to a beautiful part of Minnesota for that!!!!

Todd ,one of my sons live in Alabama , another in Virginia , I will be visiting both . How close are those states from Minnesota.? I would like to look you up while I'm over there. :coolugh:

SOunds like you may need a pod to send home with all the goodies you want to buy. :)

Yes I will need a bloody big truck . :fing34:

I live in PA which is north of where you will be Alan.I am sure you will see a lot of stores in those states that carry what you are looking for.

I wish there were more stores here in the southern MN area. Or more Local. The two "bigger" cities around me has nada. Have to go at least 3 hours to find a retailer.

Virginia and Alabama are nowhere close! haha

You shouldnt laugth Todd as i was going to shout you all the beer you can drink. ....................lols :runlaugh: Alan

I can put down quite a few. I don't know if you want to offer all I can drink!

I live in PA which is north of where you will be Alan.I am sure you will see a lot of stores in those states that carry what you are looking for.

Neil,Trying to get them at a good price that is the trouble .. the best i have seen to date RC 42 for $200 +shipping .I need 3 of them ...............Alan

Alan, what are your main left right speakers? I am thinking you should more go for the RC-64 II. Those things are monsterous!

Alan, what are your main left right speakers? I am thinking you should more go for the RC-64 II. Those things are monsterous!

Todd . What I usually do with HT is to have a sound stage under the screen and add 2 high sensitivity 15" speakers in //L.

I am talking about 100db/w/m . The enclosure is the 1" thick particle board highly braced and full of polly insulation bats .

It is easy nowadays to pick speakers with the parameters suitable for Infinite baffle there are so many on the market and quite cheap .

I am talking an 80 + cu ft enclosure.

For my R,L,C I use the small center speakers so i have a perfect sound stage under the screen , ear level , at seating level , they can be shifted anywhere with no hassles to tune the room acoustics .

I love to use Klipsch as they are crystal clear and will handel any peak without distortion . my x -over is 80 cps on so there are no separation or directivity problems .

Without fail all my visitors say it is the clearest HT they have ever heard . (I am not bragging) :lifter:

We used the same arrangement at my sons place at Virginia except he did not want a stage so we used a SVS sub . that thing is the size of 1/4 of a piano and twice as heavy.

the bass is absolutely incredible I can say the best sub I have ever heard .

the surround speakers don't really matter , just as long as they are fairly decent .

That explains why I use center speakers . .................................Alan