Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alan monro

New Test Equiptment At Last.

5 posts in this topic

Alas , My old BWD 30m oscilloscope is dead .

The electrolytics have dried up . To replace all of them would be expensive as there are quite a number of high voltage ones in the power supply ,plus they are hard to source.

That seems a reasonable excuse to get some " to die for " fantastic new equipment .

What I am going to get is a UN-T UTD2052CL 50 meg digital .

For A$230.odd delivered not to bad.

Then of course I will have to get a new a new audio oscillator sweep generator to match .

I believe on sweeping hi fi , home theater rooms with audio as it is increadable what buzzes in the rooms as it is easy to locate stop the rattles ...................................................Alan

Is it a digital scope? I would have liked to get a scope from school, but I don't even remember what the hell they were.

Little research shows its some Tektronix scopes. A used one can be had for around 500 USD. Not Bad for a digital scope, I don't think. Couldn't find anything about the you posted Alan.

Little research shows its some Tektronix scopes. A used one can be had for around 500 USD. Not Bad for a digital scope, I don't think. Couldn't find anything about the you posted Alan.

Todd . Tektronic is extremely good but spares are over the moon . If you look inside on you will see all the numbers etc have been sanded off all ic's to make it as hard as possible to work on , except technicians at Tektronics .

Yes... my one is digital , Type in the number of the scope and you will see many references on the screen ............................................Alan

Alas , My old BWD 30m oscilloscope is dead .

The electrolytics have dried up . To replace all of them would be expensive as there are quite a number of high voltage ones in the power supply ,plus they are hard to source.

That seems a reasonable excuse to get some " to die for " fantastic new equipment .

What I am going to get is a UN-T UTD2052CL 50 meg cro .

For A$230.odd delivered not to bad.

Then of course I will have to get a new a new audio oscillator sweep generator to match .

I believe on sweeping hi fi , home theater rooms with audio as it is increadable what buzzes in the rooms as it is easy to locate stop the rattles ...................................................Alan

Changed my mind . Now getting an Atten AD7062CA . 40 meg . The UN_T is 25 meg ,

The Atten is a much nicer pro cro. the machine is much more versatile and i found it cheaper as it was on sale .What I forgot to say at first , I will be using it with my sweep gen to map out room acoustics . More of that later . i pick it up on Tuesday or Wednesday . I can hardly wait.......................alan