Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alan monro

Thank Goodness For Home Theaters !

5 posts in this topic

Decided to take my grandson to the movies to see the latest Batman.

I haven't been to the movies for at least 4 years , so i expected something spectacular due to modern technology.

We decided to go a hour early to have Macers . We arrived at the cinema 4 complex here in Bundaberg 20 minutes early.

Thank goodness we did , there was a Que 100' long.

The ticket box was not used anymore, . Two young girls were selling the tickets at the lolly (sweet) counter. and selling drinks and food .

That is why it took so long . Seeing that we had just eaten we decided a Pepsi would be great . $14 later $ 7 per drink .We gust made it before it started .I noticed that there were no staff to check the ticket , we could have wandered around everywhere .

Before the lights dimmed , we noticed half the decorations had fallen off the wall , The old glue was still evident on the wall.

The adds came on but they had not switched the cenrer channel on , so ,there was no talking . I could put up with that.

When the Batman started I could not believe it .

The sound was so loud even with your fingers in your ears .

The picture was so out of focus you wouldn't believe it .

I went out to the sweet counter and asked the girls to get the problems fixed up.

They informed me there was no one in the projection room as it is all automatic now and there is nothing they could do .

I went back to my worn out plastic backed seat and tried to get comfortable but the seats were just in too bad a condition .

Twice i had to tell the people behind me to stop talking ., They only talked in the quite moments .

I wondered what the rotten smell was , turned behind me and saw a teen with his feet over the back rest near me .

I quickly told out loudly to shift his rotten feet.

No usher in the theater or anywhere to look after the customers .

$16 for me $12 for my grandson +$14 drinks Total $42 For a horrible 3 hours

All I have to say is ------ Thank goodness for home theaters .........................................................Alan

That sounds god awful. The theater where I live is nothing to brag about, but not anywhere near that bad. Uncomfortable seats but the sound is decent, ticket and food prices are about half, and didn't have to deal with any assholes with stinky feet behind me. Better wait for it on Blu-Ray for the full enjoyment. I know I'll be watching The Dark Knight Rises again when it comes out.

That sounds god awful. The theater where I live is nothing to brag about, but not anywhere near that bad. Uncomfortable seats but the sound is decent, ticket and food prices are about half, and didn't have to deal with any assholes with stinky feet behind me. Better wait for it on Blu-Ray for the full enjoyment. I know I'll be watching The Dark Knight Rises again when it comes out.

Tod , I will also ..........................................Alan

I don't like going to the movies anymore, it ruins the movie.

I just wait until the blu-ray is out and then watch it.

I don't like going to the movies anymore, it ruins the movie.

I just wait until the blu-ray is out and then watch it.

Usually by the time they come out as blue-ray it is much cheaper than going to the movies Neal , When you think of it , where is the hurry to see the latest at the movies? ...............................Alan