Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alan monro

Our Winter Is Approaching My Busy Almost Time.

13 posts in this topic

Our winter is approaching , seeing that America is on the wrong side of the world you will be getting summer .

I love winter the temperature range here is 70*-85*F . I looked in my cupboard and i had forgotten that I had 2 jumpers that i only use when i want to go overseas.Never have to wear a jumper here day or night .

Being in the troppics it is our dry season , no rain or very little , sunny every day .

During the day i listen to Hi Fi music and seeing it gets dark early 5pm-6pm it means that we can fit in 2or3 dvds during the night .

Winter is a more social time here as you can plan what you are doing weeks in advance knowing that is beautiful weather.

I must start thinking again about outdoor theatre seeing that it is getting darker sooner . I brought the sub woofer last year , I suppose that is the start .all the rest of the electrics is cheap , including the projector and the screen frabrication...... 10:30 AM ,I think i will go and pollish my car today too nice a day to be inside .

Change of plans , Walking 200 yards down to the pacific ocean with my trusty fishing rod to catch some lunch ........Alan

I am thoroughly jealous. I'd love to live by the ocean!

I am thoroughly jealous. I'd love to live by the ocean!

Todd , life is too short to to dream about what one would love to do .

You have to have a plan, go for it 100 % while you can .

Who knows what is around the corner .

life and change can be extreemly hard and scarey,

I had to work extreemly hard as the only help i had was myself

I knew what i wanted and no was not an option .In my case i had to have the balls to forfill all by wants . I got there.

It is amazing what a person can do if they put their mind to it and dont back down .

I am not saying I am a special person , I am just normal ,(i think) .....................Alan

I should phrase it better, I'd like to live there some of the time. I am very fortunate where I live. I live right on the Mississippi River in a beautiful valley town with bluffs surrounding us. Small town full of nice people. I just wish there was more room for advancement in town here though. I'd have to move to the Minneapolis/St.Paul or Chicago to do what I really want to, but I don't want to live in a big city either.

I should phrase it better, I'd like to live there some of the time. I am very fortunate where I live. I live right on the Mississippi River in a beautiful valley town with bluffs surrounding us. Small town full of nice people. I just wish there was more room for advancement in town here though. I'd have to move to the Minneapolis/St.Paul or Chicago to do what I really want to, but I don't want to live in a big city either.

Todd fair enougth, Is there good fishing in the river??.............. Alan

It's not bad at all, and on top of that, there are tons of lakes around here too. I'm not much of a fisherman in recent years, but I'd like to gte back into it. I usually just don't have time, but now that I have a somewhat normal schedule, I may be able to manage some time on the water.

Here's a good picture of the river from atop some new construction. Wish the photo was a bit bigger but it gives you an idea of the scenery, even in town.

2011-05-21_16-25-54_524.jpg

It's not bad at all, and on top of that, there are tons of lakes around here too. I'm not much of a fisherman in recent years, but I'd like to gte back into it. I usually just don't have time, but now that I have a somewhat normal schedule, I may be able to manage some time on the water.

Here's a good picture of the river from atop some new construction. Wish the photo was a bit bigger but it gives you an idea of the scenery, even in town.

Looks like a very nice area.

Our winter is approaching , seeing that America is on the wrong side of the world you will be getting summer .

I love winter the temperature range here is 70*-85*F . I looked in my cupboard and i had forgotten that I had 2 jumpers that i only use when i want to go overseas.Never have to wear a jumper here day or night .

Being in the troppics it is our dry season , no rain or very little , sunny every day .

During the day i listen to Hi Fi music and seeing it gets dark early 5pm-6pm it means that we can fit in 2or3 dvds during the night .

Winter is a more social time here as you can plan what you are doing weeks in advance knowing that is beautiful weather.

I must start thinking again about outdoor theatre seeing that it is getting darker sooner . I brought the sub woofer last year , I suppose that is the start .all the rest of the electrics is cheap , including the projector and the screen frabrication...... 10:30 AM ,I think i will go and pollish my car today too nice a day to be inside .

Change of plans , Walking 200 yards down to the pacific ocean with my trusty fishing rod to catch some lunch ........Alan

What did you catch for lunch?

What did you catch for lunch?

Nothing that day Neal .It was an outgoind tide . I had a few nibbles . But , next time may be differant .!!! .........Alan

It looks nice and calm there Todd. have you got a boat?..................Alan

I do not own a boat, however a couple of friends have own boats and jet skis which is much better for me. :)

If I was a fisherman, I would probably have to have my own boat.

Yes and no .

Yes , When you go out with friends You pay for your share of fuel and the bait . No more costs such as maintenance to the boat and motor .insurance , and in Australia Taxes called boat and trailer registration. Two seperate taxes every year. They sure get stuck into you .

No . With your own boat you can pick when you would like to go fishing and where. and who with if you wish to .

I hate taking females in the boat , you can rest assure that shortly after you set sail they have to go to the toilet . being a little tinnie you have no choise but to go ashore to find a land toilet . No privacy in a tinnie .........................alan