Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
todd.brust

Back With Some Pictures.

19 posts in this topic

Just moved into a new place and just got the initial install done with some upgrades coming.

908525971_photobucket_26303_.jpg

Panasonic 54s1

Panasonic Dmp-bd65 Blu Ray

Integra Receiver

Xbox for Hulu and Netflix Streaming

Some old school Large Adent Speakers

Added some el cheapo Dayton speakers in the rear today. Need the hang them and possibly pull them though the wall too.

Need to pull new HDMIs through the wall . The 2 meter cables I had were way too short but I have some longer ones to pull this weekend. There's a closet directly behind that wall and we will probably put surge supressor and all power supplies on the other side of the wall to make it as clean as possible.

908525971_photobucket_26719_.jpg

The seating area. Custom sectional!

Future plans are to add in a record player.

Some new fronts, sub, and a center channel.

1 person likes this

The Record player belongs to a guy that I am living with. I have an incomplete Transciptor that needs a new tonearm and drive motor. :blink:

The Record player belongs to a guy that I am living with. I have an incomplete Transciptor that needs a new tonearm and drive motor. :blink:

Do you have much of a record collection? I've always wanted to get into that

Just moved into a new place and just got the initial install done with some upgrades coming.

908525971_photobucket_26303_.jpg

Panasonic 54s1

Panasonic Dmp-bd65 Blu Ray

Integra Receiver

Xbox for Hulu and Netflix Streaming

Some old school Large Adent Speakers

Added some el cheapo Dayton speakers in the rear today. Need the hang them and possibly pull them though the wall too.

Need to pull new HDMIs through the wall . The 2 meter cables I had were way too short but I have some longer ones to pull this weekend. There's a closet directly behind that wall and we will probably put surge supressor and all power supplies on the other side of the wall to make it as clean as possible.

908525971_photobucket_26719_.jpg

The seating area. Custom sectional!

Future plans are to add in a record player.

Some new fronts, sub, and a center channel.

Todd paint the picture wall black and it will look even nicer .

Paint the whole room black and it will be better still ............................Alan

The Record player belongs to a guy that I am living with. I have an incomplete Transciptor that needs a new tonearm and drive motor. :lildevil:

Do you have much of a record collection? I've always wanted to get into that

I have close to 200 Vinyls probably with all kinds of different music. :blink:

It's easy to get into. Get a cheap turntable and just start buying up records.

And I am not someone who thinks all music should be listened to analog either. There are flaws with any music format or anything for that matter. Just pros vs. cons. I just own and buy vinyl because it's fun!

Paint the whole room black and it will be better still ............................Alan

I'd love to do that, but unfortunately, I don't own the house and the guy who does would probably not go for that. :lildevil:

Some day I will have my own place with a legitimate theater! :blink:

I'd love to do that, but unfortunately, I don't own the house and the guy who does would probably not go for that. :(

Some day I will have my own place with a legitimate theater! :)

Fair enougth , Hope you get your own home sooner than 'one day'.......Alan

Looked at this sub.

http://www.electrovoice.com/product.php?id=1068

Could probably get a deal on it but I don't know how well it would perform below 30hz for movie applications. Works great for music in large music ministry formats, I could only imagine what it'd do to a living room!

There stuff is extremely well engineered, I've done a lot of work with them, but you are right on the not ideal for movie applications as I doubt that was the goal with the system. They do make theater solutions though, so perhaps there is a different model they have that will work. :)

Looked at this sub.

http://www.electrovoice.com/product.php?id=1068

Could probably get a deal on it but I don't know how well it would perform below 30hz for movie applications. Works great for music in large music ministry formats, I could only imagine what it'd do to a living room!

There stuff is extremely well engineered, I've done a lot of work with them, but you are right on the not ideal for movie applications as I doubt that was the goal with the system. They do make theater solutions though, so perhaps there is a different model they have that will work. :)

Please elaborate on the theater solutions. Haven't browsed their site too much. We use EVID line a lot for small applications and when designs call for in ceiling speakers. We use the EVH line a lot too(the same as the FRX line with different rigging options as far as I know).

Any links would be appreciate if you can find some!

Hadn't looked, just know from working with their engineering in Bloomington. They do big movie theaters and other sound presentation areas, but the LFE of the theaters would be what you are after.

I'll have to look a little more in depth. Maybe talk to our rep and ask a few questions :)

A Little update, I pulled ne new HDMIs and the xbox and Blu Ray have more room to move now. Moved the Kinect to the Top of the TV and pulled the cabling through the wall. Might add a Wii since the cabling is in place, but I dont see us using it a whole lot either. Still deciding on new speakers. That is in the works right now.