Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alan monro

The Proper Use Of A Home Theatre

9 posts in this topic

When you first go into the movies the theatre is not bright ,there are a few lights on .

Over time the lights are very slowly further dimmed as the Val Morgan adds are on . The theatres do this to get our eyes used to the subdued light that the screen reflects back to us while we are watching the movie .

This is how a HT should be ,I am not saying that Val Morgan adds should be shown. :)

Lighting makes a world of differance to the atmosphere that we are creating . I am working on a programing project to control the lighting and screen curtain . It wil be automatic ,controled by a little Arduino microprocessor.

I will inform you of the progress . I am studying 'C' programing at the moment to make things happen.

........................Alan

My whole house has "controlled" lighting. I can add curtain control off the shelf at any time :)

My whole house has "controlled" lighting. I can add curtain control off the shelf at any time ;)

Sean can you control every individual downlight in your HT????

Can you make your 20 down lights in HT blink and cascade if you wish to .and change intensity and colour???

It is going to me diy cost about $40 for the computor and assosiated electronics . Of course the down lights are extra.

:)...............................Alan

I have complete control of EVERY light in my house except closets and the bathrooms, just haven't bothered with those.

I would never want the to blink, cascade or change color though.

I have complete control of EVERY light in my house except closets and the bathrooms, just haven't bothered with those.

In a HT you do to add atmosphere . :)................................Alan

Only if you are going for a super tacky atmosphere.

Only if you are going for a super tacky atmosphere.

No....... Wrong ............If you have never experianced it you cant knock it . When done properly it can be a hell of an asset To any proper HT . I am not talking about a loungeroom with a screen in it . I am talking about a real HT . ...........;).............................Alan

I've experienced plenty of home theaters and would definitely consider blinking lights ultra tacky.

I've experienced plenty of home theaters and would definitely consider blinking lights ultra tacky.

People are entitled to their opinion , no matter how wrong thay may be .:)............Alan