Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark LaFountain

Samsung 82" Lcd?!?

15 posts in this topic

Just bumped into this on the net. Wow this thing is a monster.

Samsung 82-inch Ultra Definition LCD TV Panel | iTech News Net - Gadget News and Reviews

Samsung shows at the SID 2008 the industry’s first 82-inch LCD TVpanel that offers ultra-definition [uD] (3,840 x 2,160 pixels) resolution at a 120Hz refresh rate. Samsung has also added a red/green/blue LED backlight to increase the true color saturation to 150 percent.

Samsung also unveiled its 82-inch “e-board” with a multi-touch screen. The e-board also offers UD resolution but at 60Hz refresh rate. There is also a multi-view digital information display (DID) that can display 3G images without wearing special glasses.

samsung-82-inch-ultra-definition-lcd-tv-120hz.jpg

NEC introduced an 82" LCD last summer, as well :lildevil:

Going to be years before these are affordable for home theater use, though. Commercial digital signage and videoconferencing...

Don't forget these, as well: http://www.pcrush.com/product/Plasma-Displays-and-TVs/278473/Panasonic-TH-103PF10-103-inch-1080p-1920-x-1080-5000-1-Plasma-Display?refid=1238 :)

NEC introduced an 82" LCD last summer, as well :)

Going to be years before these are affordable for home theater use, though. Commercial digital signage and videoconferencing...

Don't forget these, as well: Panasonic TH-103PF10 103" 1080p 1920 x 1080 5000:1 Plasma Display - TH-103PF10UK - 278473 | pcRUSH.com :D

looks nice, but the resolution on the samsung is what draws me to it. 2160p :)

NEC introduced an 82" LCD last summer, as well :)

Don't forget these, as well: Panasonic TH-103PF10 103" 1080p 1920 x 1080 5000:1 Plasma Display - TH-103PF10UK - 278473 | pcRUSH.com :D

looks nice, but the resolution on the samsung is what draws me to it. 2160p :)

Wait it out to 4096p (IMAX) :P

I wouldn't mind that if I could build one of those spheres to project it on, like some of those theaters are :)

Forget 3D, I'd pay to see movies in a dome :)

I wouldn't mind that if I could build one of those spheres to project it on, like some of those theaters are :)

Indeed, 3D just seems like another gimmick no one will pay for. The new HDMI standard that goes with it is quite ridiculous as well.

99% of people wouldn't even value anything better than 1080p, other than for pissing contest reasons. After ~12' the human eye can't see the difference in 720 vs 1080 on a 60" screen. I'm not sure on those details, as it may be a bit more or less in distance. However, unless you have HUGE displays like in a PJ or sit on top of it, it's a non issue.

Now I feel like I need more size than my 120 anamorphic. It's the largest I could fit in my room though without going into sonic transparent. I'm only ~15 away from that. Probably less.

Indeed, 3D just seems like another gimmick no one will pay for. The new HDMI standard that goes with it is quite ridiculous as well.

I thought 3d was worthless and gimiky untill I saw avatar.

I thought 3d was worthless and gimiky until I saw avatar.

I agree with this statement. :)

NEC introduced an 82" LCD last summer, as well :fing34:

The panasonic is just breathtaking for sure..... we can sell it, but are not allowed to install it... Its a crazy ass deal..... its panasonic white glove delivery and installation only for us dealers.

All dealers, or just residential delivery?

Seems like a royal PITA...especially because I'd bet a lot of those go into places like SCIFs where access isn't necessarily easy for the primary contractor, nevermind subs.