Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aaron Clinton

{Rss} Cassette Player Accessory For Old Stereo

1 post in this topic

First post to this forum, which I found via a Google search. Wondering if anyone can offer some advice.

This concerns old cassette tapes. My husband has a dozens (think "mix tapes," rather than commercially produced cassettes,) and we're trying to decide if it's better to bite the bullet and send them out to be digitized (about $400-$600 for the lot) or if we can buy a small player to attach to our stereo so that he can play them. Just as an aside, I've never heard him actually LISTEN to any of these tapes in the 10 years we've been together, so if we can do this affordably, I'm all for it. On the other hand, $600 is cheaper than a divorce, so if that's what it takes, that's what it takes.

Before you state the obvious: my husband refuses to go totally digital with these items and won't consider an MP3 option. Most of these tapes are 90 to 120 minutes in length, so I feel that this would become a complicated, time-consuming DIY to digitize them at home.

Some background. Our stereo system is far from new (probably mid-90s,) but doesn't come with a cassette-player aux.

View the full article