alan monro

On Air At Last

5 posts in this topic

Recieved the new computer yesterday Thursday :bananaDance:  . Have to work out how to use Windows 8 now . It appears to be a lot like Windows 7,   but , a lot of things are hidden

Starting to get computer numb-bum through sitting for hours , Back soon as I am starting  to sort and simplify the the whole thing ,Working out the IDC  .  Insulation Displacement Connectors plugs and sockets now . The idea is to have ribbon connectors etc to make it very construction friendly and super neat .

I put a commercial spike and surge protector on the mains to the computer gear .I thought it over and decided that I realy could be bothered making my own .

Back soon as soon as a i can find out how to put pics on this computer ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Alan

2 people like this

Welcome back!  How are you liking Windows 8 so far?

1 person likes this

Hellow again Todd . :fing34:

Still setting things up . Downloaded windows 8.1 , much better than 8 . I dont think that i have a suitable photo program on board that allows me to downsize and allocate where the pics go.Still searchihg . I am hell determined to find out how .

About the HT sub-amps , I AM MAKing 2 of them now . Rounded up 5 lb of heatsink  and now have to make the chassies  using 20mm( 3/4") x 1.6 mm 20mm square steel tubing .

As soon as I can I will make a Home Theater project out of it . 8.

Have to change this HP keyboard as it is crap! Wouldn't you think that HP would give you a decent keyboard with the purchase of a expensive computer?????.

............................Alan

1 person likes this

Still too darn busy :Jim:  :Jim:  :Jim:  with the amp builds to try and work out how to put pics on the forum . Will get there soon . Still taking pics for the project...................Alan

1 person likes this