Followers 0
mm698657

Home Audio Solution

3 posts in this topic

Setup 

Onkyo 5600 7.1 Home Audio System in a box

Two Speakers with copper wire ran from the kitchen to living room

Two Speakers with copper wires ran from the rec room

One "two channel" speaker ( Not sure what that means ) in the master bathroom same copper wire run 

Ideally, I would like to be able from my iphone/ipad turn off/on speakers ( not necessarily change sources  ) to any of the five speakers and my surround sound system. 

The Onkyo 5600 doesn't support digital out to zone 2 

I have all sources via hdmi running into the Onkyo and then use hdmi out to go to the tv 

The scenario I would like to solve most importantly is to be able to play music from either iphone/ipad/apple tv to both 7.1 speakers and speakers in kitchen at the same time.

I was thinking using the HDMI out on the onkyo to go another device that could then send output to either the TV ( obv video + audio )  + or kitchen,master bath, or rec room speaks ( obv just audio ).  This immediately made me think of Sonos, but I couldn't tell from their website what solution would work for me.

Any assistance for this obviously Home Audio newb would be much appreciated 

-Brian 

If it doesn't support switching speakers wirelessly, then you need to find a reciever that does. You may be able to find a zoned speaker switch that switches wirelessly. But I'm sure it would cost as much as a reciever.