Whitie III

Mini Stereo Systems

7 posts in this topic

any suggestions on mini stereo systems? would like to have one with a 30 pin iPod dock if possable but the introduction of the lightning connector and bluetooth is gonna make for some pritty limited recever ..... and what would be the benifits of having a network recever?

Sonos Play:5. Does not have the 30 pin iPod dock but it is a networkable receiver essentially. Sounds great too. And the user interface for wireless control is unbeatable.

Benefits of a networked receiver are not having to plug anything in, ever. I use Spotify( about $10 a month) and it is integrated into the Sonos systems. You can access your Sonos from any android or IOS device via the Sonos app, and control what comes out of it wirelessly. And imagine having Spotify, pretty much any and everything you could ever want to listen to available without having to change cds or even plug anything in. I'm a big fan. They are great. If you have a chance, best buy sells Sonos products. Go in and check them out and compare to similar brands. As far as wireless audio, Sonos is one of the best at the moment.

I was looking at yamaha, sony, onkyo, pioneer, denon, sharp, panasonic, and jvc for their Micro systems and I like some of them! but what should I buy?