Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mms

Help With In-Wall Controllers And Osd Amp

2 posts in this topic

I’m going to ask this in possibly the most annoying way possible because I’ve had trouble getting answers any other way. Sorry in advance for treating you like my own personal concierge.

This is what I have: OSD AMP 200 amplifier. 2 Yamaha NS-AW350W speakers, and 2 pair of Polk Audio OWM3 speakers.

This is how I have them connected. The LEFT side of Channel A is running from the amp to the input on an in-wall volume controller. The output of that controller is split to two of the Polk speakers (right side splits out to right input of two speakers, left side splits out to left input of two speakers). The same goes for the Right side of Channel A (to input of one controller, out of controller to two Polks). Channel B runs out to a single volume controller that is then run to each of the Yamahas.

This is the amp. There is an option to bridge which, I humbly admit, I am not 100% sure on what that does or how it works. (Out of my depth, indeed.)

high-power-stereo-amplifier.jpg

So far this is not meeting my needs. The amp cuts out at even moderate levels and I totally burned out the volume controller running to the Yamahas. (This very well may have just been a faulty controller).

I cannot replace the amp or the speakers. I CAN replace the volume controllers and perhaps add some sort of additional amplification if necessary.

What I want to know (if you can tell me) is (1) what kind of speaker controllers could I install that might remedy my “cutting out” problem indoors and my “burning up” problem outdoors? (2) Is there some sort of way that I need to configure the amp to make it all work correctly?

Again, sorry for basically asking you to be my personal audio concierge, but it appears I am out of my depth and I did this project for my father-in-law so I don’t want to look like a tool. You understand. Thanks.

I am having trouble understanding exactly how you have things wired up. You have 2 pairs of both speakers? So you have 8 speakers total? Is that correct?

If that's the case, you probably need some kind of impedance matching volume controls. It sounds like the amplifier could be loading down and cutting out.