rafety58

Looking For Some Advice On An Old Amp (Sears Am-4658)

5 posts in this topic

Hello I am looking for some info on a Sears Professional AM-4658. A local second hand store has one on sale for 30 dollars. The only info I could find on it was from this thread here Link

Bsically I just want to know if it will sound any better then my current reciever (Technics SA-DX940)

I have never seen or heard one of those. The best way to find out would be to swap it with your current receiver and listen for a few days.

Cool looking integrated amplifier! Let us know what you find. Always interested in what people have to say about any vintage equipment.

I have never seen or heard one of those. The best way to find out would be to swap it with your current receiver and listen for a few days.

Cool looking integrated amplifier! Let us know what you find. Always interested in what people have to say about any vintage equipment.

If the second hand store offerd returns I would have already bought this, mabey I can convince the owner in letting me return it after a day or 2 though.

Oh I was under the impression you already purchased this. It's worth a try.

Gooday and welcome to the forum . I don't know how it will sound???? , old amp , old capacitors , maybe scratchy vollume control and hissy transistors and one can not source parts for it-------, let it go to God,---- There is absolutly nothing wrong with what you already have . Just because the 'other' amp has pro marked on it doesn't mean that it is good ! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Alan