joshwikoff

New House W/ Multiple Zones

2 posts in this topic

I recently moved into a new house with multiple zones for audio. I'm really excited to be able to take advantage of this, but I don't know much about home audio. The house has a living room with in-wall speakers and speakers in the ceiling (for the TV), speakers in the ceiling in the kitchen, and outdoor speakers on the deck and on the patio. Ultimately I see this as three zones (TV, kitchen, and outside). All the wiring goes to a cabinet in the living room, so I think I only need one receiver?? I'd like to be able to watch TV in the living room and still have music play in the kitchen and outside. My assumption is that this only requires 2 sources for 3 zones. I have no idea what kind of equipment or receiver I should look into to handle this. Ideally, I'd like to spend between $300 - $500 dollars if possible. From what I've seen, most of the receivers out there now handle AirPlay and Pandora, which my wife really wants. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what hardware to purchase?

Thanks for your help!

1 person likes this

A 3 zone received would work for what you need. Defiintely with 3 powered zones. Yamaha,Onkyo, and Pioneer all make some. I have a 3 zone Onkyo but I do not have airplay. Some of the newer Onkyos might. I know Yamaha does have airplay for sure. Dont forget Demon either.

1 person likes this