Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pokrant23

Whole House Stereo With Out Door Speakers

5 posts in this topic

Hello all, I am new to the forum and I recently bought a house. I am looking to install a whole house stereo including two outdoor speakers. On the interior of the house, I am looking to have speakers in my bar area in my basement as well as speakers in my living room on the main floor of the house. I would like to have this all powered by one receiver if possible and be able to choose the zones where the music is heard in addition to having it play throughout the entire place. In addition to the receiver, speaker, etc. I would also like to be able to control the receiver from anywhere I am without having to run down to the receiver to change the songs, volume, etc. I was at a xmas party last year where the host had recently built his house and had a similar set up and had Ipod docks hardwired into each room of his house. He was able to control the music from wherever he wanted by using the docks (which basically had remote controls on them in addition to the docks), even if the ipod was not mounted to that particular dock. Clearly this was installed with new construction and I am working with pre-existing walls, ceilings, etc. that I am not willing to rip down. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can make this happen? Is it even possible? I attempted to do a search on this topic however did not get any results so I apologize if this is repetitive. O yea, Im kind of on a budget and am planning to do the work myself. Thanks for any input in advance!

Good day and welcome ,

By the sound of it ,You need to hire a audio engineer to get everything planed right and on the right tram, no fun trying to add the forgoten cable when all the cables are installed . The money would be well spent as they will design to your budget using the latest of equiptment and you could do a lot of the installation yourself as you can afford it. .................................Alan

I figured that would probably be the case. I will have to do some research as to who to go with in my area. I appreciate the input.

Sorry that i can nor help you as i am in another country . any hi fi dealers in your area ????...............Alan

It can do done with a receiver, a selector switch, volume controls, a Sonos and and Ipad. THe tricky thing will be getting wire to where you need it. Do you have an unfinished basement or an attic?