Mark LaFountain

**official Latest Movie/tv You Watched Thread**

273 posts in this topic

I'll have to watch that movie "lost in translation" again. Haven't seen it in a very long time.

Just got done watching the first of the borne movies in bluray. got the set for xmas :P

I'll have to watch that movie "lost in translation" again. Haven't seen it in a very long time.

Just got done watching the first of the borne movies in bluray. got the set for xmas :P

That is a great series! Haven't seen the third one yet, though.. :P

That is a great series! Haven't seen the third one yet, though.. :P

what?! wow, guess you have something to do then very soon. great movie.

1 person likes this

I watched Scrubs Season 4 last night/this morning.

I never got into that show, I will check it out.

Aaron how could you?! It's my favorite show, I'm still building my collection. I have 1-4 now :P

Blade Trinity....old movie , but still great sound and action 8/10

Terminator Salvation, not as good as I had hoped, but still loud and exciting. 6/10

I love you Beth Cooper...1st off Beth Cooper is hot!! 2nd movie was pretty funny. 7/10

more posts to come

Terminator Salvation, not as good as I had hoped, but still loud and exciting. 6/10

I love you Beth Cooper...1st off Beth Cooper is hot!! 2nd movie was pretty funny. 7/10

more posts to come

I love the blade trilogy, the second is my favorite though. Watch it.

I grew up watching Terminator 2, it was my nightly ritual, I liked Salvation even more. Christian Bale is a perfect John Connor.

more posts to come

I grew up watching Terminator 2, it was my nightly ritual, I liked Salvation even more. Christian Bale is a perfect John Connor.

My roomate got that movie the day it was released on bluray, I think i've watched it over 5 times in the last few weeks. Audio is just insane on that movie.

more posts to come

My roomate got that movie the day it was released on bluray, I think i've watched it over 5 times in the last few weeks. Audio is just insane on that movie.

It is :P

I ordered it from Amazon and it's in the mail! :P

I guess I grew up watching Arnold in those movies and isnt isnt the same without him. I have like Bale since Batman Begins, and have no problem with him. Arnold wasnt much of an actor really with his witty catch phrases and no ability to play different roles albeit.

I guess I grew up watching Arnold in those movies and isnt isnt the same without him. I have like Bale since Batman Begins, and have no problem with him. Arnold wasnt much of an actor really with his witty catch phrases and no ability to play different roles albeit.

Did you notice the similarity in the T-1000 John fights in the end? It's a young Arnold.

yeah...lol young. I was wondering how they did that.....they dont need actors anymore just a comp with good software and a few pics to reference.

yeah...lol young. I was wondering how they did that.....they dont need actors anymore just a comp with good software and a few pics to reference.

Yeah that's true.

I also ordered the original Terminator to complete my collection :D

I had a really huge collection of movies, but due to a theft I lost about 100 movies and am now re-stocking....$$$$. Anyway I had the whole collection of that and many others that will be soon replaced. That being said T2 is still my favorit plot-wise and T-4 I guess you can call it sound wise. I have Alot of other Arnold movies though...most actually.

Watched Sherlock Holmes the other night. Loved it.

I would like to make it to the theatre for that, but I want to go see Avatar 3D again first.

I watched Messengers 2, The Scarecrow, earlier...

I found it to be very intense.... I was really surprised at how well they did at giving me (and the other people watching) goosebumps/chills. I was also impressed with the writing. However.. I have a lot of movies that I liked which were not reviewed well.. Taking of Pelham 123...

I also watched a [long] movie called Missing, and I found it to have very good surround and overall effect. Besides that, the movie itself was good.

Oceans 13 last night. Don't feel like I wasted the time, but it surely wasn't anything special.

Watched Hurt Locker last night. I thought it was a decent movie, not great though.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, movie. Was different, almost indie film in a way, but a good group of actors and a decent story line.

Just saw the book of Eli, I thought it was decent, just maybe could have been better somehow. IDK, would like to think a bit more on it...

Attempted to watch Terminator Salvation last night at my In-law's. But the kids where flat out horrible, obnoxious, loud, and could not listen for more then 10 seconds. I am not kidding. Through out the entire movie, we would continue ask them to be quite, then they would stop acknowledge that we said it and turn around and keep yapping and keep hitting crap or purposely playing with loud toys. Just flat out fucking unreal, and any time I would get up (currently have a severely sprained right knee with possible more damage awaiting CT scan) so if I had to get up to say something I would be furious. So stupid of me to think after a long week I could have something as simple as 1 hour and 46 minutes to watch a movie on DVD I very much wanted to watch in the theater. That brings me to the point of watching it at the in-law's. My father in law recently bought a Samsung 53" LCD I believe, so stupid me to think we would be able to watch a movie on it and actually hear the dialog. In addition we have to nearly ALWAYS pay for a baby sitter, while the wife's younger sister and her husband who have no clue how to budget money, were forced to claim bankruptcy, get evicted from their apartment and move in with the in-law's. They have two horrible children, the older daughter has gotten better over time, but the 3 year old son has something wrong and he is a wild and violent child to the Nth degree. Which means while we always have our son with us, the sister and brother in law who had to move back in, were out at the movie theater, yes the same place where I would have liked to have seen this movie in the first place. Any time my son is around their son, he feels he can act the same way so it just becomes hell in stereo. So the fact that all that shit was going on the entire time I was missing important parts of the movie.

Now the other part that made it just frustrating of an experience was, my father in law kept commenting on how great he thought the surround sound was. It is a older Sony with the Blose copy sized mini speakers and a dinky powered sub woofer that was covered in toys and DVD's. Now the room is about 10' tall, all 5 of the speakers are mounted at 9'-10" around the room. So the spider on the ceiling heard a decent movie, but every human sitting down in the chair or on the couch could not hear jack squat when it comes to finer details or larger sound effects.

Sorry for the rant, but when I have less then 2 hours a week to relax doing something like this and it flat out destroyed by horribly disobedient kids and having to pretend to be enjoying the sound just pisses me off like no other.

wow, thats a shame, i've watched that movie coming up on 7 times already and feel it's one of the best movies i've seen in a long time, largely due to the surround sound factor. you should give it another try sometime, or just come down to AZ to watch it ;)