Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sgilbertt

New Klipsch System...rookie, Need Help Fine Tuning

5 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum after getting frustrated fine tuning my home theatre setup.

Setup:

Reciever is a Denon AVR-790

Front Speakers: (2) Klipsch Gallery G-28

Center: (1) Klipsch Reference RC-62 II

Surround: (2) Klipsch Reference RS-42 II

Sub: RW-10D

My basic question is does anyone have any recomendations for the manual EQ settings for these speakers? I did the automatic Audessy Setup that the Denon has and I feel like I'm not getting very good sound quality out of my setup. I know Klipsch has somewhat crisp sounding speakers out of the box so i was wondering if the lower EQ frequencies need to be manually turned up to get a little more bass out of them. Also,... Should my crossover frequency be different for every speaker?? I realize that the Gallery speakers don't really go with the rest of the setup so maybe that's the problem but I didnt want big bulky towers and wanted to be able to hang them up on the wall. Sorry for all the questions. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

post-4102-0-81461300-1358271090_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Before I'd do anything, I'd listen with everything flat. No Eq at all. Turn off everything that Audyssey did and then tune it to your taste. Audyssey sets a flat response and and time aligns everything. It is probably taming down those Kilpsch in the high frequency range and is one of the best thing about Klipsch speakers.

As for crossovers, all they do is limit the sound going to the speakers. If its a lowpass filter, the higher you go, the more low end it lets through. If it's a highpass filter, the lower you set, the more sound is let through the filter. I usually set my subwoofer lowpass between 60-70 hz and highpass anywere from 80-100hz depending on how everything else is set. Just a general idea to get you started. Do what you think sounds good, not what some selling gimmick tries to tell you.

Oh an Welcome!

Good day and Welcome to this forum . Todd has given you good information , as usual .

I have checked the specs from Klipsch , the left right and center spkrs are good , most of the audio comes from the center channel .

I also recommend that you manually set up the receiver . All you have to do is put your sub in the corner and put the receiver on loudness test and listen to all the speakers and adjust the levels from your sitting spot to be all the same level .Turn the sub up if you wish . If you could purchase the cheapest sound level meter from radio shack it would help . Have a look at the room acoustics (see home theater section) That will give you an idea how to adjust your acoustics to get better sound .................Alan

Good day and Welcome to this forum :wavey5: . Todd has given you good information , as usual .

I have checked the specs from Klipsch , the left right spkrs should be at the same horizontal level as the center . Remove the l,r and reattach them down level with the center , most of the audio comes from the center channel .

I also recommend that you manually set up the receiver . All you have to do is put your sub in the corner and put the receiver on loudness test and listen to all the speakers and adjust the levels from your sitting spot to be all the same level .Turn the sub up if you wish . If you could purchase the cheapest sound level meter from radio shack it would help . Have a look at the room acoustics (see home theater section) That will give you an idea how to adjust your acoustics to get better sound .................Alan