Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phoward_15

Energy Take Classic 5.1, Or?

4 posts in this topic

Hi - New to this forum and looking for some advice. I'd like to purchase a new home theatre speaker system. I have an Onkyo TX-SR606 receiver. Below is the criteria I'm trying to fulfil. From what I've read the Energy Take Classic 5.1 system seems to fit this but would like to hear other peoples' opinions. It's also received great reviews from various sources.

~$600 budget

Small speakers (no floor standing speakers, but do like a traditional rectangular channel speaker)

60% used for movies/TV

40% used for listening to music

Size of living room is about 18ft x 14ft

Thoughts?

1 person likes this

Nice choice on the receiver. Onkyo makes great stuff. As for the Energy, they make great speakers. I am currently using an energy center channel and it does it's job well. Haven't heard these particular speakers, but I will be willing to bet they are worth it and since it fit your criteria, these may be just what you need.

I heard the Harman Kardon HKTS 20 5.1 package recently, and that did a pretty good job too in the same price range.

1 person likes this

Is this the HKTS 20 5.1 system you're referring to - http://reviews.cnet.com/surround-speaker-systems/harman-kardon-hkts-20bq/4505-7868_7-34093162.html

I looked at this as well. CNET seemed to give the Energy's a higher rating for a system with similar criteria. They're #1 choice was the Pioneer's - http://reviews.cnet.com/surround-speaker-systems/pioneer-sp-pk52fs/4505-7868_7-35477425.html - but I just don't want floor standing speakers.

Thanks for your input.

I'd say try out the Energy speakers and give us your input on them. Pictures too. We like pictures!