dagvideo

Help Choosing Between Systems...please

6 posts in this topic

I have $500 to spend on a surround sound/music system. Sound quality is more important than true surround sound to me. In other words, I would rather have a better sounding 2.1 system than a 5.1 system for the same money. That said, which of these would be best for me (or any other $500 or less suggestions)

Boston Acoustic Soundware XS 2.1

See Here

OR

Denon 5.1

See Here

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Not familiar with either, but not thrilled with either really. You have the ability to expand with the Denon where the Boston system, you will be limited to just that stuff. That alone is enough reson to go with the Denon system and maybe down the road, get a nice set of towers to add onto the box system. That's me personally.

Good day ,

Denon is class , you could not go wrong with Todd's advise.

Get the speakers as you can afford them and you wont be disappointed........................................Alan

Do you have the ability to build things? Would you be willing to?

I have done some <$500 projects that would blow those out of the water.

I bought a Pioneer Premier receiver for $250 and have a pair of BIB's that cost me $240 in parts (after materials and everything)

Here is a build log - http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/15128-css-fr125-bib-build-log/

With those I do not always use a sub and I never really miss it.

So there are a lot of good DIY options and also plenty of poor buy and play options.

I still need to build myself a pair of BIBS. On my to do list.

DIY is another good option.

Dagvideo, I'm in a similar scenario, my budget is around $600. I have a post on this forum and waiting for advice but haven't gotten any yet.

Regardless, you might want to take a look at the Energy Take Classic 5.1 system. Every review I've read it's gotten 4-5 stars and customer reviews are great. I've also heard this system mentioned in quite a few A/V forums and magazines.

http://reviews.cnet.com/surround-speaker-systems/energy-take-classic-5/4505-7868_7-33310963.html