Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
todd.brust

Pictures From My Cell Phone. Mostly From Work. (Audio Related For The Most Part)

93 posts in this topic

Not sure if I posted the S8C yet, but here it is. This was taken by the seller with the grill off.

Resampled952013-02-179516-54-5595318_zpsfa2b5539.jpg

Picture I snapped last night while watching The Walking Dead from my new favorite spot in the house. Not ideal for the sweet spot, but the chair is so dang comfy!

IMAG0353_zps791204ea.jpg

1 person likes this

Not sure if I have posted these new toys yet. X-over parts are in my toolbox at work!

IMAG0322_zps6b026c43.jpg

1 person likes this

Nice! I almost thought that xbox thing on top of your tv was a light bar for active 3D.

Nope, just an XBOX Kinect. I don't mess with that 3D stuff.

The equipment in my bedroom. The top is my Heathkit AA-151 tube amp that i restored while I was in school. Not original paint. It used to be a Orange Vinyl. I'm currently using that and I do prefer the sound of it compared to the Kenwood below, but lacks in the power department compared to the solid state Kenwood. The Kenwood KR-6050 is one of my favorite pieces of equipment. My father bought it when he was in the Navy years ago, I aquired it in high school, had it gone through and use it to this day. I LOVE the analog power meters more than anything!

IMAG0376_zpsb548388b.jpg

1 person likes this

Shot from a job right after we got our speakers up, the array above is scheduled to come down after New Years. I think the old thing looks kind of cool.

81D36A0F-6E45-407A-AADF-F49DEE776581_zps2basmbti.jpg

5EEF7CA0-CFBC-4BE3-957B-F16C7835B51E_zpsjumunljo.jpg

1 person likes this

Cluster getting ready to come down.

IMG_0205_zps3e586b6a.jpg

Cluster  Gone!

IMG_0209_zpsd52b7866.jpg

Size of the horn bodies on the Ground

IMG_0208_zps29b801ea.jpg

1 person likes this

One of the LF drivers that came out of that cluster is working as a Subwoofer in my home as of now.

One Systems 212IM with the grille removed.

IMG_0224_zps71444899.jpg

I wonder what these are for?

IMG_0225_zps6e55afaa.jpg

IMG_0226_zps940016c4.jpg

That was a pretty rocking system.  There are acoustic treatment panels that are going up above the speakers throughout the entire gym to kill some of the excessive reverberation.

1 person likes this

Shot of my "current" set-up with the Speaker off that cluster.  It is going to get texture coated, and painted black to match the Tannoys, and new grille with new grille clothe.  It is a Electro-Voice TL15-1.  Single 15" in around 5 cu. ft. tuned to 40hz.  It has a -3dB point of around 50 hz but I can run it in "step down mode" which is essentially closing off the ports and making it a sealed enclosure and with a little eq, I could easily achieve a -3dB point 35 hz.  Seems to be doing alright without any EQ still vented.

IMG_20140201_112705_zpsqckftmfa.jpg

1 person likes this

I know the wiring needs to be cleaned up!  After the sub gets finished, it will be all cleaned up!  Debating if I want the second TL15-1 so I can have dual 15s?!?!

The home audio/car audio company I used to has changed thei business model and the Home division was axed :(.  The previous car audio manager bought off the remaining car audio portion of the business and is in the process of moving it to a new location.  This is his new demo/display board for speakers, decks, amps, and subs.  This whole thing was hand built by a friend who had previously had this display in his shop. Every "banana" arc of the display has the ability to pivot as well.  Sorry about the blurry picture.

IMG_0218_zpsd42201e1.jpg

1 person likes this

I know the wiring needs to be cleaned up!  After the sub gets finished, it will be all cleaned up!  Debating if I want the second TL15-1 so I can have dual 15s?!?!

More cone = more yum. ;)

The single is doing fine as of now.  I usually have it turned down quite a bit.  Don't want to piss off my neighbors.  The second is going to end up sitting in our shop until I take it home probably.  We have so much equipment sitting around that we probably wont use.  I think we have around 7 or 8 working E/V DH1A compression drivers.  I'd like to use a few, but would need to find some Horn bodies that wouldn't be HUGE!

We have an AudiaFlex processor as a back-up that I want to bring home and mess around with, but then I'd need even more amplification.  Will I ever be satisfied?