Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
djfoster5

Surround Receiver Sub $1000

2 posts in this topic

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V4YQGY?ie=UTF8&tag=logicbuy-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000V4YQGY

What does anyone/everyone think of this? I'm thinking of selling off my Harman Kardon HK990 and delving into multi-channel audio. I have looking at the Anthem MRX500 at the local shop but it's so pricey. Wondering if anyone has any advice on something with processing that is as good (or nearly) but doesn't cost $1500 cuz I'm not sure I'm gonna come up with that much. Features I want ...

-HDMI switching

-5.1 channel

-internet radio (this is not a MUST but would be nice)

-great sound (I have an amazing set of main speakers and don't want to downgrade the sound I'm getting, just want to be able to do multichannel)

Any ideas?

I haven't worked with a whole lot of the current line of receivers, but Yamaha, Onkyo/Integra, Pioneer make some good products. Anthem has been good in all the cases I've used them, a little spendy though.

I've seen some sales guys messing with the new Yamahas at work, and All I can say is wow. There are a couple cool features that can be used with the iPad or smartphone.

I have had both Integra and Yamaha and they both are good as far as sound quality goes. I wish I had more input, but like I said, I'm not up to date with any of the new receivers. I should take a day to mess around with a few at the store.