todd.brust

Picked Up Some New Speakers Today! (By New I Mean Used)

16 posts in this topic

I picked up a pair of Tannoy i8s. Pulled these out of somewhere we did an install. Some cool little speakers. They are an 8" Coaxial style speaker. Kind of like an old Altec duplex design I guess.

They sound pretty good when paired with my sub. Only problem is that My receiver crosses the Tannoys too high when the sub output is on. I need an Integra remote to do some on screen changes with the receiver...

The cabinets are kind of an ugly color, but I am planning on pulling the grilles off and backing them with some grille cloth, and painting the cabinets black to match the grilles. Don't know if I should do a gloss or a flat? My TV stand is a gloss black. hmmm decisions decisions.

Anyways here's some pictures.

1 person likes this

Speakers are disassembled and the cabinets are painted and drying in the garage. I have to find some grill cloth still though. I thought I had some at our shop, but we have all colors except black! FUCK! The closest craft store is a bout a half hour from me but the girlfriend lives close by. Get two birds stoned at once.

Never heard of these, but they look decent and it sounds like you are going to improve that. :)

I have them painted as of this past weekend. Have on grille covered, but not sure if I like the material. Need a way to tuck the material too so it's nice and tight.

I never knew of them until I started working where I do now. They mostly do pro audio, with some residential, and some studio stuff. It looks like they make some retarded expensive "audiophile" stuff too.

These are more pro as to home audio. Not so much low end but get loud a hell! They do well paired with my sub. I brought the sub crossover up to 80 hz and seems to fill very well. Couldn't be happier (I mean they were free).

Since my last post, I got the grilles covered. I'll have some pictures up as soon as my phone is reset (pos).

I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are not right. I am assured. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.