Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
generalkorrd

My Little Setup

10 posts in this topic

Excuse the baby toy mess!

It's definitely not up to the level of a lot of systems on this board, but I love it, and it sounds ridiculously good! The speakers are a DIY project that I just finished a few days ago, and they came out great. I still have to get them looking nice, which I will do using either an oak or black ash colored laminate, and screens are also in the works. The tv is a Sony Bravia KDL55NX810. I use a ps3 for my movies, and most of my music, and I have my old x360 there.... just in case!

wholething.jpg

myrack.jpg

beerspeaker.jpg

The funny looking basketball screens will be removed, they are car audio drivers that I adapted to this project.

sketchup/driver breakdown:

myspeaker-1.jpg

1 person likes this

Very nice set-up! Where did the Design come from? Your own or borrowed it?

Very nice set-up! Where did the Design come from? Your own or borrowed it?

I designed it myself, the inspiration came from when I used to sell home audio, and Infinity was selling the Preludes which had a sidefiring sub in them.

Looks good! I recognized the "basketball screens" because my DLS Tweets looked like that.

What kind of space does the sub have? and the same question for the rest of the cabinet.

Looks good! I recognized the "basketball screens" because my DLS Tweets looked like that.

What kind of space does the sub have? and the same question for the rest of the cabinet.

The sub is running at 3.3 net with a tuning of 22 hz. The 8's have 1.4 net total, so .35 per woof.

Excuse the baby toy mess!

It's definitely not up to the level of a lot of systems on this board, but I love it, and it sounds ridiculously good! The speakers are a DIY project that I just finished a few days ago, and they came out great. I still have to get them looking nice, which I will do using either an oak or black ash colored laminate, and screens are also in the works. The tv is a Sony Bravia KDL55NX810. I use a ps3 for my movies, and most of my music, and I have my old x360 there.... just in case!

wholething.jpg

myrack.jpg

beerspeaker.jpg

The funny looking basketball screens will be removed, they are car audio drivers that I adapted to this project.

sketchup/driver breakdown:

myspeaker-1.jpg

Looks Good.................... :band: :band: :band: :band: :band: :band: :band:...............................Alan