Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nealmunro

What Do You Use To Keep Your Speaker Cabinets And Audio Gear Looking Beatiful?

7 posts in this topic

My wife tells me I am a very compulsive person when it comes to cleaning and caring for things. My audio gear and tv are no exception! I take the time everyday to make sure they look like they were just taken out of the box. That just drives her nuts, like just living with me will not do that. :)

So I figured I would start thread to hear what everybody uses (product and or tips) or if you don't know what to use, well this will give you an idea of what you can use to keep your gear just a beatiful. By no means is this a commerical for products.

For everyday cleaning I use a swiffer on everything including my tv screen and ports.

Biweekly cleaning I use Bee's Wax polish on everthing except my drivers and tv screen.

When it comes to cleaning the drivers and tv screen, I use mild soap(cheap dish soap) and water mixture.

For those who have dogs as I do, cleaning your ports in a must! Dog hair loves hiding in there!

I use the swiffer duster for the TV, stand, components. Pretty much anywhere that collects dust

I'll use water and a microfiber for the screen, maybe some screen cleaner from time to time but usually a mist of water and microfiber works great.

I only do hardcore cleaning when it is really in need of it, like the time my friend visiting pissed on my xbox and all over my TV stand. He killed the xbox. Paid me for the mess and a new xbox. I would have made him clean it up, but he was on a flight back to TX by the time I realized what had happened. He on the other hand had no idea he did it and or why.

I don't know what the wife uses. She is a clean freak too ... I do know that I never have to ask why my Entertainment Center / Living Room Computer stand looks shitty, dirty, messy, or unoragnised ... or any other place / room in the house for that matter ...

My wife tells me I am a very compulsive person when it comes to cleaning and caring for things. My audio gear and tv are no exception! I take the time everyday to make sure they look like they were just taken out of the box. That just drives her nuts, like just living with me will not do that. :)

So I figured I would start thread to hear what everybody uses (product and or tips) or if you don't know what to use, well this will give you an idea of what you can use to keep your gear just a beatiful. By no means is this a commerical for products.

For everyday cleaning I use a swiffer on everything including my tv screen and ports.

Biweekly cleaning I use Bee's Wax polish on everthing except my drivers and tv screen.

When it comes to cleaning the drivers and tv screen, I use mild soap(cheap dish soap) and water mixture.

For those who have dogs as I do, cleaning your ports in a must! Dog hair loves hiding in there!

Why Clean Neal ??????????? ,It will only get dirty againadhd.gif.................Alan

Good day Neil .

You have to train your wife to do those sort of things , Men should not have to do things that they shouldnt do , Women have to know their place . Put a duster in he hand and tell her to do her cleaning duty.

When you get up from the floor , tell her you were just joking .

then , remove the duster from your rear end :blink: and do it yourself ...............:popcorn:...............Alan