Tirefryr

Internet Television?

13 posts in this topic

Does anyone know anything about internet TV? I keep hearing about the multitude of content available and I'm wondering if this is a viable alternative to DirecTV, but everytime I try to search for information on it, all I can come up with is the new internet capable televisions, not the actual media itself.

I've heard of google TV and Apple TV. That is the closest to what you're talking about that I can think of. Google TV seems kind of cool but I have never seen it in action.

Yeah, that's the same as everything else I am finding. Just applications for using the web on your TV. I'm looking for software or a site where I can view television from the internet. There are very few shows I watch, and I'd love to just be able to view them on the internet and get rid of my satellite.

The only "internet Television" that I know is available is Netflix and Hulu Plus. I have Netflix right now and it is pretty cool, but I don't watch enough movies to justify it. I'm really not sure about Hulu Plus, I've only heard about it

Honestly, if there was a way for me to get ESPN and maybe Food Network I would drop cable

Pirate It!

But I honestly have no idea about that. If I could get dicovery, nat geo, history, bbc, and comedy central I'd be set. Oh and the complete seasons of TPB :P

Search the show you want to watch, you'll be surprised what past episodes are available. When I miss something I regularly find it.

Wait, there is something else besides pRon on the internetz and tv?

I have my DVR setup to record the things I wanna see. Besides that, I don't watch too much TV.

I have my DVR setup to record the things I wanna see. Besides that, I don't watch too much TV.

And if your power/cable/satellite goes out during the show you need an alternative :P

And if your power/cable/satellite goes out during the show you need an alternative :P

I have FIOS, if they all go out I am F'd and will just play the XBOX.

Xbox FTW.

Hulu plus is suppose to be out on xbox live soon too. Kind of interested to see how much is actually available on Hulu Plus.

I have FIOS, if they all go out I am F'd and will just play the XBOX.

You misunderstood, that effs the recording but you can still. Watch