Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cablguy184

Comcast ... Xfinity

34 posts in this topic

I've been working for Comcast going on 15 years now.

Just wondering whos got it ... If not, what cha got ??

I've been working for Comcast going on 15 years now.

Just wondering whos got it ... If not, what cha got ??

COX cable, sorta the same right?

I am a Dish Network subscriber ATM, been with them for almost 2 years now. I was with DirecTV for about 8 years prior. They had the best CS, but such horrible prices and equipment. I love my Dish Network... with regards to their pricing and equipment, but their CS sucks. Also, even if you sign someone else up, don't expect to get your discount like they promise. They have fucked us bad on that deal. If their prices weren't so good, and I mean if they were within $10 of DirecTV, I would drop them in a heartbeat and go back to DirecTV.

We had been Comcast all the way for a long time. But the service in our area kept getting worse, and they kept dropping channels while raising the price. Strange as there are a number of Comcast employees near us, and one of the main hubs is less then 15 miles.

dropping channels as Bad signal quality or swaping over to digital lineup ??

dropping channels as Bad signal quality or swaping over to digital lineup ??

As in taking them out of the line up for the current package.

channel lineup changes, yea a little bit beyond my control there. :P

channel lineup changes, yea a little bit beyond my control there. :P

Yeah, they are, at least around here, appearing to try to widen their already massive margin. :blink:

They are in the process to make their channel lineup the same across the US. (all systems) Thats what i'm told anyway.

Hey bud, hows it goin?

I've heard alot of good things from Mediacom. Yuor system updated with internet and phone ??

Satalite, Charter and HBC are the only providers around here. I have charter and it has been a toss up. Sucked at first, then they fixed some stuff but their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with, and I have dealt with lots companies customer/ technical services.

Hey bud, hows it goin?

I've heard alot of good things from Mediacom. Yuor system updated with internet and phone ??

Not sure about updated. Out of curiosity I am due for a new box, is there one you recommend? The HDMI output on mine is actually DVI and doesn't play nice with some other HDMI pieces I have.

Not sure of the type of service they use, Motorola or Scientific Atlanta.

Our New Scientific Atalnta DVRs are suppost to be compatable with all the new technology. (what I've been told) I have 2, can't wait to try them out on my new system.

Just saw Xfinity advertised on the TV. Wonder when it will make it to my area?

My area is getting upgraded to DOCSIS 3 in a week or 2 ... Massive internet speed increase. I'm stoked !!! Plus, I get to install the headend hardware (under proper supervision of course) and learn about the software !!!

I like getting to work with new stuff.

Except this last week I had to install a PBX phone system in place of our old one at work without even knowing what one of those was until Monday. The online trainings were brutal to say the least.

not shure yet, I have a business account (for employee testing purposes) with about 8 to 12 meg downloads ... 2 to 6 m up loads ...

we will see ... :)

Comcast just posted that all comcast xfinity customers needing to call Japan will not be charged for long distance calls to Japan for the month of March and April ...

WTG Comcast Xfinity !!!