Mark LaFountain

Hots

3,005 posts in this topic

Ravens fell apart offensively, and two very bad calls put the Bungles in FG range putting them in the lead. :(

Ray Lewis was HOT!

Those two calls were poor. But overall, it's ok. 1-1 against very good teams on the road is not bad to start the season. The Ravens get the Browns at home next. :(

raven's better get ready then lol

Ravens fell apart offensively, and two very bad calls put the Bungles in FG range putting them in the lead. :(

Ray Lewis was HOT!

Those two calls were poor. But overall, it's ok. 1-1 against very good teams on the road is not bad to start the season. The Ravens get the Browns at home next. :(

raven's better get ready then lol

They will be. :(

Thank god Detroit gave us a win. Our OLine is TERRIBLE

Agreed. Hoping the Vikings can pull themselves together. This season has been embarrassing.

New job is going great. Learning lots of new stuff everyday. Anyone familiar with Renkus-Heinz? One of the brands we use that I have never head of until recently.

They are pretty intense. We don't do much of the live stuff, but we have been doing lots of Iconyx digitally steerable line arrays. I went to a church where they had th 32 speaker line arrays. Each speaker is like 16 ft tall.

A good majority of what we do is speech reinforcement, but a lot of those clients also choose for us to do mixers, additional mics for recording purposes.

The stuff that is most fun is a fully digital systems. Digital mixers, lots of processing power, network controlled speakers.

They are pretty intense. We don't do much of the live stuff, but we have been doing lots of Iconyx digitally steerable line arrays. I went to a church where they had th 32 speaker line arrays. Each speaker is like 16 ft tall.

A good majority of what we do is speech reinforcement, but a lot of those clients also choose for us to do mixers, additional mics for recording purposes.

The stuff that is most fun is a fully digital systems. Digital mixers, lots of processing power, network controlled speakers.

sweet!

Sounds like a pretty kool gig u got going now.

I wasn't aware of some of the technologies in the pro audio scene until I started. I'll have to snap some pictures on some of the systems we do in the coming months.

New job is going great. Learning lots of new stuff everyday. Anyone familiar with Renkus-Heinz? One of the brands we use that I have never head of until recently.

:( :( :(

I wasn't aware of some of the technologies in the pro audio scene until I started. I'll have to snap some pictures on some of the systems we do in the coming months.

:(

We've used mostly Biamp for programmable mic mixers/DSPs.

From what I've seen, that's mostly what we use too. Nexia and Audia series processors. I have seen a couple Peavy Architectural Acoustic series processors, but I think we are mostly BIAMP now.

What do you use for acoustic measuring software?

When I worked as a Sound Engineering I amped every set of drivers separately. Way more control which is huge in particular when dealing with difficult rooms. I use set as I didn't run monitors in stereo usually.

Curious what it is you want to measure and to what resolution. Are you using a recording or a measuring mic?

We use mesauring mics. I could not give the brand or model number off the top of my head.

From what I've seen, that's mostly what we use too. Nexia and Audia series processors. I have seen a couple Peavy Architectural Acoustic series processors, but I think we are mostly BIAMP now.

Acoustic measuring, lawlz

We've got a few NTI handheld analyzers, but most of the time they're not setting up these rooms to be all that great acoustically, if you can do audio conferencing and VTC without noticeable echoes or feedback it's good enough it seems. CEOs don't like corner traps and diffusers in their boardrooms :)

Where the money is spent is video configuration, we've got a few Sencore pieces for color balancing screens.

Got the Job!

Sim Sound and Video. They do larger audio and video system. They do a lot of churches, large auditoriums, and occasionally athletic fields. It's lots of sound reinforcement and acoustics through room treatment, and sound processing. Sounds awesome to me! More for me to learn. The only thing I am nervous about is working on scaffolding 40 ft. in the air at times :) .

Hows the the the Job and Virginia Casey?

congrats!

Acoustic measuring, lawlz

We've got a few NTI handheld analyzers, but most of the time they're not setting up these rooms to be all that great acoustically, if you can do audio conferencing and VTC without noticeable echoes or feedback it's good enough it seems. CEOs don't like corner traps and diffusers in their boardrooms :)

Where the money is spent is video configuration, we've got a few Sencore pieces for color balancing screens.

Really? We do more audio than video/conference from what I've seen. Kind of the opposite it seems for me. We have been doing mainly church installs and service calls for check-ups, repairs, and tuning. But it sounds like we have some video installs soon and a couple conference rooms at a university in the area after that, so hopefully I'll delve more into the video aspect of this job :)

Speaking about Biamp...just had UPS drop off 60 Nexias, lulz

You'll find that there are people more into video, audio or control systems...everybody seems to have their own thing they get into even though they may be familiar with the other two worlds.

Nice! We use a lot of Nexia processors fro mwhat I've seen. I need to get some experience in programming, but I am still pretty new.

Tomorrow off to do a projection system.

What do you guys use for controllers Jim?

Just a wee bit slow in here lately. For some reason my log in is never saved on this site so I always have to log back in. :)

Really slow here! I guess it is saturday. Going to go canoeing for the afternoon since we have this warm fall day here in Minnesota.