Mark LaFountain

Hots

3,005 posts in this topic

And by dark side, I mean no oil pump, no oil filter, no electric starter, no telescoping forks, an ignition system that belongs in a plane, etc...lol

You are a glutton for punishment aren't you?

Stock they have 6V electrics, but the 12V alts from later models fit, as well as halogen bulb swaps.

I think it's fugly. Too gawdy. What years were the other ones you were looking at?

'70-'73. After '74 they started losing the "classic" touches like the old-style instruments, kick starts, drum brakes, lot more plastic used.

Also comes in white...again, someone else locally is selling a white one that I might check out, depending on mileage...

09ISG092130172AA.jpeg

Yeah, give me some gasoline and a match. That's what I'd do to that bike.

You can't do that, it has a big S on it. :)

Meh, mileage is sketchy on both locally, but still might be an option if everything else doesn't pan out...first choice is still a '71 R75, need to call the seller tomorrow to see if he's still selling it :eek5wavey:

Going in for a second interview, lets hope I get this job!

Good Luck!!

Got the Job!

Sim Sound and Video. They do larger audio and video system. They do a lot of churches, large auditoriums, and occasionally athletic fields. It's lots of sound reinforcement and acoustics through room treatment, and sound processing. Sounds awesome to me! More for me to learn. The only thing I am nervous about is working on scaffolding 40 ft. in the air at times :eek5wavey: .

Hows the the the Job and Virginia Casey?

Good to hear it, I'm in the same industry :eek5wavey:

Little warning, though...HOW (house of worship) and school projects are both the black sheep of the commercial A/V world, lol. Very demanding schedules, not very deep pockets usually B)

Schools decide they want $1.5M worth of A/V capability for $20,000, and oh yeah, they want it functional by next week because they come back from summer break.

And if you're going out in the field, just remember that for every project there's an end user that swears they know more about your job than you, the contract, and the SOW, lulz

I figured churches over all else would have deep pockets, seeing how they don't pay taxes and just profit any income. Schools are understandable.

I'm pumped regardless. Something new and a little more technical than car audio. I'm just pumped to mess with all the fancy acoustical measuring systems. :eek5wavey: