Mark LaFountain

Hots

3,005 posts in this topic

Here! Been out of town all last week on work. Talk about the job from hell! :P

For starters, the place we were working skimped on everything when it was initially build so there was no conduit for pulle ANY wire. All the existing low voltage was installed before it was drywalled and stapled everywhere so couldn't use any of the existing wiring as a pull string so there was lots of attick work and fishing wall, drilling headers etc, To top it off as we were doing all of the finishing touches on the last day of the job, I was setting the stop levels for the screen. As I was doing that, the motor failed and the whole screen came out of the case at freefall speed and got stuck down. The safety screws to keep the case on the wall was of course behind the screen that was down so we had to disassemble the case on the wall and get the roller out and drop all that down while keeping the screen clean and not not putting creases in it so that when we get a replacement motor we can get it in.

On top of all of that, this place is over 3 hours from our shop so we get to go back sometime next week but the good news is that we are getting a whole new screen instead of just the motor so that will make things easier.

Atleast is is not hot out yet.

You Sir have a point. I can't wait until it is. Just don't want to think about chilling in an attic space when it is hot.

You Sir have a point. I can't wait until it is. Just don't want to think about chilling in an attic space when it is hot.

You will be sweating for sure if you have to do a job like that in the summer.

You will be sweating for sure if you have to do a job like that in the summer.

Oh I will be doing jobs like that. I have been pre-warned as to how miserable it is. Oh well gotta start somewhere.

Did my first workout in about a year a couple hours ago and an already sore. Need to get into shape for summer :P Started a kettlebell routine and goddamn do you get a workout when using even low weights with those!

I noticed that my Droid has terrible audio quality through the headphone jack. I use it sometimes in my car since it's easier than burning a CD of grabbing my iPod from my car and the audio quality is garbage. I know mp3s aren't reference by any means but the sound quality is sad :P

You are definitely right. Thats what is making me look into getting bluetooth for my head unit.

I noticed that my Droid has terrible audio quality through the headphone jack. I use it sometimes in my car since it's easier than burning a CD of grabbing my iPod from my car and the audio quality is garbage. I know mp3s aren't reference by any means but the sound quality is sad :P

You are definitely right. Thats what is making me look into getting bluetooth for my head unit.

Will that make it better? I think it may be a processor problem.

I have hooked up my droid via USB and it has worked just as well as putting the MP3's on a CD. I was hoping the quality may be similar.

This may all be a moot point for me as I just saw yesterday that Acer is coming out with a tablet that has a keyboard attachment that basically turns it into a netbook. It will really fill a lot of my mobile computing needs, and hopefully it will come with a standard dock like the Moto Xoom tablet that has an audio out through the USB port.

In that case I will create a mount so I can plug it in in the truck and have a 10.1" touch screen that will be able to play pandora, mp3's, do GPS nav etc... while using my OG Droid as a wireless port for internet connection.

It'll depend on if it uses its translator or bluetooths a digital file. It could surely be fine. I don't realy know how BT works so much.

It'll depend on if it uses its translator or bluetooths a digital file. It could surely be fine. I don't realy know how BT works so much.

This guy doesn't either. You could tell me it's magic, and I'd know just as much as I did before.

I noticed that my Droid has terrible audio quality through the headphone jack. I use it sometimes in my car since it's easier than burning a CD of grabbing my iPod from my car and the audio quality is garbage. I know mp3s aren't reference by any means but the sound quality is sad :(

I've thought about adding it to my HU but I'm not in my car nearly enough for to utilize it. I spend more time in our work van than anything else. :( Too bad putting anything nice in there is like kicking a dead horse. I could never achieve anything "good" in there with all the wind noise and all the tools moving around behind the cage.

About time to pull the bike out of dead storage.

You have too many toys! The only thing you may be missing is a small submarine and a helicopter!

Haha okay. I thought for sure you meant cruiser or rocket.

Same price as my last motorcylce though :(

Going to sell my old Mt Bike too, should get at least what I paid for it more than 10,000 miles ago. Bought it in 1994.

Third day of working out and I am beat!

Anyone have anything to help to weight loss process a bit faster? I've adjusted my diet quite a bit and that has helped a bit but I want to speed things up before summer. :(