Mark LaFountain

Samsung Led 3D?

11 posts in this topic

i'm really ticked off by this, I just bought my LED, now I want the 3D!

any thoughts on this new product? any one demo'd one yet?

Interesting. I wonder how well this actually works.

It won't work well from the first get go and NOTHING will be released in that format until the next one comes out anyways. I wouldn't feel bad.

I hate the new 3d that needs 120hz and goggles.

The kind polarized kind work well already. WAY less room for problems. The Nvidea tech that they came out with is awesome so I hear.

i'm really ticked off by this, I just bought my LED, now I want the 3D!

any thoughts on this new product? any one demo'd one yet?

:)

The first release of anything is usually wanting .

Wait till the 5th generation release usually all the bugs have been ironed out.

I am not to sure if I would want to watch some spooky ,violent or poofy shows With 3d I would rather keep my distance

Summing it up I forget what I was talking about . back to llistening to my jazz music ................................Alan .

I saw a Panasonic LCD 3d last week, very cool actually. I didn't notice any inconsistencies or bugs either.

The tough part about 3D technology is that nothing is set as far as what technology to use yet. There are like 5 different types of glasses you could use. No manufacturer has addressed if their particular TV will be compatible with all of the types of 3D either.

And then comes the need to make your entire system 3D compatible. My understanding thus far is that the 3D image will use a different variation of the HDMI standard. Which means you'll need a new receiver, a new DVD player/BluRay player, and or a new projector vs TV.

Seems like a giant mess still. I'm sure it'll all work out eventually, but just like when HDDVD and BluRay were battling it out, now is NOT the time to buy.

But hey, if you do want to buy right now, here's a sweet deal on a 73" DLP

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Video_Conferencing/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A3612346&dgc=CJ&cid=24471&lid=566643&acd=10550055-1225267-u436263t0f0fp32808c0s441

I did finally get to get a demo of this tv, and so sum it up, AMAZING! I used the samsung glasses to watch it that weigh in @ $199/pair, but the picture was the best 3d i've ever seen. Can't wait to see where this goes in the near future.