Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aaron Clinton

{RSS} Cambridge Soundworks BassCube 8S doing funky stuff, help appreciated

2 posts in this topic

<div><!-- google_ad_section_start -->Before I really got into home theaters, I had a Cambridge Soundworks system. When I built the home theater and purchased SVS, the CS system went downstairs to the flat screen TV.<br /><br />The bass cube does weird things... In the middle of a movie, or when nothing is showing at all, it'll surge and blow out some low frequency weirdness. It starts slow and crescendos. I run over and switch it off and on and it takes care of it until the next time.... Either the next day or in an hour. <br /><br />There have been times, when I've gone to switch it off, that a little static electricity from my walking on the carpet with my slippers causes a tiny spark, which also seems to reset the unit. Buzzing stops instantly. <br /><br />I can also undo the mono cable which seems to help. <br /><br />Any help appreciated.<!-- google_ad_section_end --></div>

View the full article

Your little bass cube amp is very unstable , It needs repairing or best of all get a svs , a secondhand one is cheap over there ......Alan

ps check that the plugs are making proper contact both ends..................Alan