Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alan monro

Music Formats

7 posts in this topic

Most of the time i listen to music in stereo . If one has ballanced everything up and has a good sound stage and good recordings you do not need surround sound . :Doh:

Often when i am working i listen on my mono Saegen work radio .

How many other people listen to mono nowadays .?????

We have an absolute massive amount of choice on how to listen to music . Do we appreciate it???? :Doh: Alan

You're missing the point of surround sound. It's not for listening to music.

Surround sound is for helping you imagine you're immersed in the movie with sound all around you.

1 person likes this

How many other people listen to mono nowadays .?????

I haven't gotten to the point where I think mono sounds better, but there's a bunch of people who seem to...

Surround sound is for helping you imagine you're immersed in the movie with sound all around you.

Gooday John:: , I have a lot of surround sound cds but i never use them as such . I am talking about listening to music not watching movies . Sure surround is perfect for movies . Alan

Gooday John:: , I have a lot of surround sound cds but i never use them as such . I am talking about listening to music not watching movies . Sure surround is perfect for movies . Alan

If the original album/concert was recorded in surround sound, they actually can sound quite impressive. However, remakes of stereo albums that simply add BGV's and reverb and cymbal splashes to the surround speakers always come off fake and rather odd sounding.