Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
todd.brust

6500K Calibration And A Few Other Questions.

3 posts in this topic

I am about 90% sure that I am going to be the owner of a Panasonic 54s1 Plasma in the next week or two. I would like to have the best possible picture quality as possible.

In my household, the tv is most used for Streaming movies from netflix via xBox Live, playing video games, and DVDs via the xbox. Since most of what I do is on my xBox, I was wondering if anyone knew how to set any of xBoxs anti image retention software or would I be fine using the built in anti image retention software.

Secondly, I said I wanted the best possible picture quality. I was planning on buying a DVD calibration disk, but I was researching and came across people talking about 6500K calibration. What I have seen is people using the settings to get as close to this standard as possible. Is each set different and is this standard dependant on enviroment also? I was just wonering if I could use someones calibration setting on the TV i am going to purchase or should I buy the DVD and do it myself?

I hope this makes some sense. I have a hard time getting my thoughts to words sometimes. Goddamn ADD.

edit: Found the site I was looking at that had calibration settings.

http://reviews.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/plasmatvreviews/panasonic-tcp54s1-review.html

Could I use those settings to achieve 6500K or is it room dependant?

I am about 90% sure that I am going to be the owner of a Panasonic 54s1 Plasma in the next week or two. I would like to have the best possible picture quality as possible.

In my hehold, the tv is most used for Streaming movies from netflix via xBox Live, playing video games, and DVDs via the xbox. Since most of what I do is on my xBox, I was wondering if anyone knew how to set any of xBoxs anti image retention software or would I be fine using the built in anti image retention software.

Secondly, I said I wanted the best possible picture quality. I was planning on buying a DVD calibration disk, but I was researching and came across people talking about 6500K calibration. What I have seen is people using the settings to get as close to this standard as possible. Is each set different and is this standard dependant on enviroment also? I was just wonering if I could use someones calibration setting on the TV i am going to purchase or should I buy the DVD and do it myself?

I hope this makes some sense. I have a hard time getting my thoughts to words sometimes. Goddamn ADD.

edit: Found the site I was looking at that had calibration settings.

http://reviews.plasm...4s1-review.html

Could I use those settings to achieve 6500K or is it room dependant?

Todd good day . I can not help you with X box . When a set is adjusted in the factory it is adjusted fairly close , the people are not too concerned about accuracy . The temperature 6500 K is desireabe. under this temperarure the picture will be yellowish , above this bluish . No , the picture temperature is not room dependant . If the temp was a little out and you did not adjust the temp after a little while your eyes would compensate and you would not notice any differance . .So , why do it .???? Alan

Good to know. Thanks. Just kind of curious.

Just need to look more into the xbox situation