BioLinks

Upgrades To Htib

6 posts in this topic

I would like to introduce this new forum to a new concept in home audio in a box, HTIB and mid-fi system add-ons & upgrades for the non-technical user. Beforehand, however, I want to be clear on whether there are any restrictions on posts by those who have a financial interest in products that will be discussed. Some of the products and idea that will be discussed are in the prototype stage and have not yet been released for sale. Would the moderator/administrator of this category please respond before any forum rules are violated?

Hello Dave. Welcome to HAF! We have no problem with people chatting about ideas and concepts, that is part of the purpose of this site. Discussing prototypes and such is great also. But if it is used to sell product, that needs to be discussed with us. As you see, we have a company supported forum here, PNF Audio. They have paid for advertising space too.

If you want, you can email us directly at support@homeaudioforum.net. :fing34:

I would like to introduce this new forum to a new concept in home audio in a box, HTIB and mid-fi system add-ons & upgrades for the non-technical user.

There are three categories of loudspeaker upgrades that are available to HTIB users:

1. Upper register reinforcement/enhancement (tweeter)
  2. Satellites for full range sound improvement (monitors)
  3. Bass reinforcement (subwoofer)

IMO the most important improvement you can make to a HTIB system is with the center channel speaker. Judging by the comments I have read in several other forums, dialogue is often difficult to understand in most low end to mid-fi center channel speakers. I cannot say that there is a generally accepted generic cure to this problem short of replacing the CC speaker with a higher quality one; but does that necessarily cure the problem? It's a real paradox. How do you choose one that you know will do the job? How and where can you audition some CC speakers in your budget range and know that they will be good at home?

Comments, anyone?

I would like to introduce this new forum to a new concept in home audio in a box, HTIB and mid-fi system add-ons & upgrades for the non-technical user.

...replacing the CC speaker with a higher quality one; but does that necessarily cure the problem? It's a real paradox. How do you choose one that you know will do the job? How and where can you audition some CC speakers in your budget range and know that they will be good at home?

Has anyone experienced the problem of unclear dialogue in their surround sound system, regardless of how much was spent on it? Can anyone tell me if they have ever been to a HT demo room that addressed this issue with various CC speakers? It's been my experience that (in most HTIB systems) you cannot simply run the CC volume up to overcome the problem.

I just put this in the newsletter for more people to take a peak at.

Thanks. No response yet.

Dave