Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JimJ

What Are You Listening To?

32 posts in this topic

Mingus, Mingus, Mingus, Mingus, Mingus, Mingus

Got II BS in my head yesterday and couldn't not pull it out. :)

Music One perfect for me at the moment to keep me rolling along. smile.gif

my favorite station...u have good taste. They play weird stuff occasionally though.

You guys made me turn it on. Perhaps the hour is wrong, but I feel like I am in a woman's hash bar in Amsterdam.

Spacehog - In the Meantime

Have not listened to that in a long time. Great song.

Music One perfect for me at the moment to keep me rolling along. smile.gif

my favorite station...u have good taste. They play weird stuff occasionally though.

Wow, that's awesome, me too, even more so then DI.FM. I have listened to M1live for years now. I was heart broken both times they had to shut down, but they seem to be doing better then ever. Anytime I need to get focused or pick my self up, M1live really helps.

Pink Floyd-Brick in the wall...I go old school sometimes

:fing34:

Pink Floyd-Brick in the wall...I go old school sometimes

Which part :fing34:

Dave Matthews/Warren Haynes - Cortez the Killer (live @ Central Park)

@Aaron, I have been finding that a lot of people have not listened to In the Meantime for a while. In fact, I called in to the radio station to request it and they seemed really enthused that I did (because of not playing/hearing it for a while, I guess). They even played it right away instead of not playing it for a while like when I request other songs (which they don't act enthused about). I usually request songs just because I want other people to hear them.

Listening to Everybody Got Their Something by Nikka Costa... watching All About Steve reminded me of it.

various metheny

Pat is one of my favorites also. I have 23 of his CDs although there are 2-3 I don't much care for, I have zero tolerance for "Zero Tolerance for Silence" LOL. A couple of my favorites are "As Falls Wichita, so falls Wichita Falls" and more recently "One Quiet Night". He is such a prolific artist it is hard to choose as I like most anything he does. Right now I am rediscovering one of my favorite genres from the 70s, Fusion Jazz. Two CDs in particular that are spectacular are "Birds of Fire" by The Mahavishnu Orchestra and "Romantic Warrior" by Return to Forever. Even though "Romantic Warrior" was recorded 34 years ago the quality of the recording is almost as good as any of my newer SACDs and the bass response will challenge any modern systems subwoofer just to keep up. Also, the compositional and technical skills of these artists will leave you shaking your head in amazement. What Metheny recordings are your faves? OldSchoolSQ

Did not expect to see a McLaughlin band hit this high up in the Listening thread :)

I know this was about Metheny, but considering what other related work do you like?

Oh, and as for the now playing. I am listening to my very tired 7mo old nearly snoring in a crib, my wife sleeping softly, while surfing here and watching the Saints put an ass whipping on the Cards. What i hear the most though are the waves crashing under the balcony of our hotel room.

The low subdued burble of my exhaust, little bit of typical old benz gear whirl, and some tire drone on I-95 north through the tunnel.